A couple of minor feature additions

May 20, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Scott,

This control is great, and I'm looking to include it in a project I'm working on. I'm making a few tweaks, and I was wondering if you'd be interested in incorporating them back into the source.

For one, it bugs me that the short text touches the edge of the control. The long text is spaced 12px from the edge, which is how it probably should work.

The other thing I added was a few properties to allow you to better control the animation timing from XAML if you desire. I added an AnimationStartDelay property and properties to allow you to set the min and max values that determine the range that the random intervals are selected from. If the programmer doesn't set these in XAML, they default back to the behavior you originally wrote into the control.

These properties are helpful in my project because I'm including several tiles on one page, and the animations had a tendency to sync up and get too busy. (It seems odd because they're supposed to be random, but that's what I've been seeing.) The start delay lets me stagger the times a bit to reduce this effect.

Would you be interested in accepting a contribution? If so, would you prefer that I send you a patch or would you allow me to check in via TFS?

I'm looking forward to seeing the animation enhancements you're making.

Thanks for the good work,

Josh

May 20, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Funnily enough, a developer set delay was something I considered for the original release and decided against.

More than happy to have the changes incorporated, that's what OSS is for, right ;) 

I believe you can submit a patch from http://tileslider.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/patches/upload